The Daily Newt
The Daily Newt
[Image: 1543686209002]

Information about this newspaper:
Frequency: Daily

Market: National
National

Other Information:
Founded in 1671 AN, The Daily Newt is a satirical news outlet that pokes fun of a variety of issues facing Alduria and Micras. While having the appearance of a legitimate news network, the Daily Newt's articles are entirely fictitious--though more than one politician has failed to comprehend that before posting it to their Twitter page or referencing an article. 

The Daily Newt is a primarily online publication and posts everything from memes to lengthy satirical editorials.

Does this newspaper abide by the News Publishing Guide? Yes.

Newspaper Logo or Nameplate:
Unknown

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"Obey me and all will be well," Proclaims Suburban Poll Worker

[Image: lhap8wpq8fvivvz6rjre.jpg]

Election Day is nearing. The time has come for our nation to choose its leaders, and it is important that each of us is adequately prepared for the task. Here are a few helpful hints to keep in mind as you head out to cast your ballot: Know which voting district you’re registered in, know the hours your voting location will be open, and know that within the bounds of this suburban polling place, I am God.

Kneel before my infinite might, voters of Ward 39, Precinct 142!

From my seat of power behind this plastic folding table, I rule over all I survey, a domain that stretches from the double-door entrance of the Harker Middle School gymnasium to the pushed-in rows of bleachers at the back. Everything bathed by the harsh fluorescent lights gleaming from above is mine, for I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Keeper of the Voter Registry Printout and the Giver of “I Voted” Stickers. All who live between Maple Rose Avenue and Tenby Terrace and are eligible to vote must count themselves as my subjects.

Do not dare question me! From the time you pass the Harker Wildcats logo on the baseline until you exit through the door by the boys’ locker room after submitting your ballot, my word is law. I am all-powerful, I am almighty, and I alone hold sway over everyone and everything in this kingdom.

Unless your last name begins with a letter between L and Z. In that case, Carol will be assisting you.

I am the Supreme Being, the Godhead, the one who procures provisional ballots and bestows them upon all who enter my dominion unprepared. I alone determine whether you may use a utility bill with your home address as a valid form of ID. You are under my divine rule, so bow before me, your lord and sovereign! Then please sign here in this three-ring binder so I can confirm your signature matches the one you provided on your voter registration form.

Remain behind that blue piece of tape on the floor until a voting booth becomes vacant, or you shall feel my wrath! Do not forget that I will be your ruler when the blazing sun raises its head in the east, until I lock the front doors, help stack the chairs, and hand off your sealed ballots to the appropriate local officials.

But fear not, my children! No, no! For I am a gentle master. A kind overlord who shall humbly provide each voter with a pen whose ink is suitable for reading by an optical scanner. A benevolent god who will distribute clipboards to those in need of a firm writing surface. I will even bequeath my boundless knowledge upon those lost souls who know not where to deposit a completed ballot.

But do not cross me by bringing campaign materials into my realm or within 100 feet of its borders!

Should you commit such an offense against my authority, then by the power vested in me by the Electoral Commission of Greater Susa, I shall banish you to the parking lot without hesitation or remorse.

And unless you wish to feel the full force of my fury, please refrain from smoking until you have exited school premises, as this campus is a tobacco-free zone. Thank you.

The Daily Newt absolutely did not plagiarize this piece from a news network obsessed with Onions. Really, the accusation that it could be so makes one cry.

(OOC note: All credit to the Onion for this article, modified slightly to reflect Aldurian terms)
Alfonso Velez, MP
Liberty and Democracy Party
Leader of the Opposition
CEO of 4Hire and Velez Investments
Former Prime Minister of The Republic of Alduria (1672-1682)
PARLIAMENT APPROVES VELEZ AS SUPREME LIBERTARIAN DICTATOR WITHOUT DEBATE

The Parliament of Alduria voted today to proclaim Alfonzo Velez "Supreme Fantabulous Libertarian Dictator" of Alduria. After introducing the bill, His Fantabulousness briefly gave a speech in support of the measure pledging to be an unrelenting Libertarian autocrat. After the Speaker opened up the bill to debate no one spoke up...as usual. Parliament overwhelmingly passed the bill with most of the major parties not even bothering up to show up to the vote. When the vote was announced, a student in the gallery yelled out "YASSS QUEEEN!" in support of Velez.

Some members of the public expressed concern that such a bill was passed without any real debate. "I mean, we haven't seen a lot of debate on anything this session," Nat-Lib staffer Jeffery Jefferson stated, "but we kindof figured someone would have something to say about the establishment of a Supreme Libertarian Dictatorship." He paused for a moment before continuing, "Not that we have anything against His Fantabulousness, long may he sparkle!"

Others welcomed the establishment of the Supreme Libertarian Dictatorship. "It's not like anything is really different," L&D staffer Chevy McCheverson stated as she snapped a picture of Velez's new spiffy naval uniform, "Velez has been running the show for awhile now and no one's been standing up to speak and no one can be bothered to vote--so why have a Parliament when we can just have a Libertarian dictatorship?"

In a brief speech in Porto Santo, His Fantabulousness, Supreme Libertarian Dictator for Life, Queen of Fierceness, Defender of Democracy, Titan of Industry, Lord High Duke, Emperor of Fashion, Margrave of Magnificence, Dr. Rev. Gen. Adm. Alfonzo Velez, GCSP, DD, PhD proclaimed: "This Supreme Libertarian Dictatorship shall rule with an iron fist. No one will be unreasonably searched or seized whether or not they like it! No one shall be searched without a warrant! People will have Liberty if they like it or not!" His fantabulousness concluded his remarks with a deep, maniacal laugh before departing the stage, surrounded by a cadre of young, muscular bodyguards with form-fitting fashionable uniforms.
Alfonso Velez, MP
Liberty and Democracy Party
Leader of the Opposition
CEO of 4Hire and Velez Investments
Former Prime Minister of The Republic of Alduria (1672-1682)